Who doesn't love a good flan? With this recipe of minimal ingredients and simple method, you will win in every direction!
This recipe yields 1 serving (Twelve 4oz ball jars)
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 1 hr 15 mins
All you'll need is a blender, a sous-vide OR a circulator & a large basin, and twelve 4oz air-tight ball jars.
Ingredients: - 5 Eggs - 1 Can Evaporated Milk - 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk - 2 oz Cream Cheese - 1 tbs vanilla extract - Caramel Sauce
1. Fill your basin with water and set your sous-vide or circulator to 179 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Mix all the ingredients (except for caramel sauce) in the blender until smooth.
3. Place a small amount of caramel sauce onto the bottom of each jar (not a thick layer-- just enough to cover the surface).
4. Pour the mixture from the blender into each jar over the caramel sauce. Close each jar as tightly as you can!
5. Once the water reaches 179 degrees, place the jars into the basin, making sure not to tip them sideways. Let them cook for 75 minutes.
6. Remove the jars from the water. Let them cool on the counter for 15-20 minutes, then place in the refrigerator to cool overnight.
When you're ready to enjoy your flan, you can either eat it right out of the jar (yum!), or turn it over onto a plate and let the caramel sauce drip over the sides of the flan.